frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who is this AeSix_Reficul guy?

edited December 2015 in creative

WHO IS THIS GUY?

So, got your attention, have I?
My name, as far as you are concerned, is AeSix Reficul. Or simply AeSix. (it's pronounced like aesthetic)  I have been on the internet since 1993.  This is longer than some of you have been alive.  I'm old.  You are allowed to make tactless old-guy jokes IN GAME, just don't be annoying with it.  I have been moderating games, forums, and online chats for 15 years.  For the last 5 years, Minecraft has been a hobby of mine.  I have done everything from play as noob to run my own private servers (No, you cannot go on them, don't ask).  Other server operators may have run across me in support channels for various plugins, or possibly seen me helping owners with their servers - give me a shoutout if you remember me from there! 

What does this have to do with Minecats Creative server?
Some of you may have seen me in the Minecats chat previously. I have been helping cindy_k (The Minecats owner) with several issues over the last 6 months or so. I've been doing this behind the scenes. About 5 months ago, I joined Minecats servers and have been a player and Patriot. This was so I could learn the community: the servers, the rules and policies, and the players - You. I did this so that when it was time for me to step in to help the in-game staff to moderate and fix issues, I could do so more easily.

TrollMod, what the heck?
My title "TrollMod" is saying that I like to have fun - and often at the expense of the players (and other staff), but it's all done in good humor. This is the "Troll" part. But I'm a moderator, specifically Senior Moderator, and my responsibilities and control there in are bestowed upon be in confidence I will carry out the role properly. This is the "Mod" part. I am a fair moderator, but I do follow the rules - which means enforcing the rules when I need to.  This, however, does not mean I impose the rules needlessly.  In fact, one of my first tasks is to get the community to relax a bit regarding correcting people who oopsies with the rules.  I've been there, made mistakes and been jumped on by 5 or 6 people because of them - none of who were staff, and as a new player that becomes aggravating to the point of quitting.  So yes, rules are important, but so is the proper amount of correction when the rules are broken.

Moderator, explained!
Some people have uneducated, uninformed, unexperienced views of what a moderator does. Here's a bit of what I have learned over the years that makes a good moderator, this is not all inclusive, but it should give you insight into how I moderate.

First, let's start with the definition for moderate:

verb (used with object), moderated, moderating.

8. to reduce the excessiveness of; make less violent, severe, intense, or rigorous:
to moderate the sharpness of one's words.

9. to preside over or at (a public forum, meeting, discussion, etc.).

And for Moderator:

3. a member of an online message board or electronic mailing list with privileges and responsibilities to approve or reject messages and uphold the terms of service.
Both of which stem from Middle English and Latin:
1350-1400; Middle English < Latin moderātor, equivalent to moderā (rī) to control (see moderate ) + -tor -tor

Sorry for the English lesson, it's important to understand, however, to know what knowledge, responsibility and control a good moderator has.
So, a moderator has to know the community, the rules and policies and the available punishments (as well as how effective these are) that he will be dealing with, not to make new or ignore any of these things.  It is the responsibility of the moderator to use his punishments to maintain the rules for the community, not to tighten his grip that the community suffocates. These two things allow a good moderator to control the community properly without being over bearing to those who are participating properly, however is not useless in protecting the community from those who have malicious intentions.

To put it more simply, a good moderator will make the community a happy place for everyone who don't break the rules, and will disallow anyone who wants to break the rules, but understands that sometimes rules are broken accidentally, and helps to educate the community as to how now to accidentally break the rules.

I didn't read that because TL:DR
Ok, so, you didn't want to read it all? Well, YOU are the person who really needs to read this section
Break the rules: I punish you.
Abide by the rules: I leave you alone.
Help others stay within the rules: I applaud you.
Become annoying with "correcting": I talk to you.

Some more about my role:
So, as a staff member, I have the ability to do many things cubs, citizens and patriots cannot do.  One of these things is to reset plots.  I can do this, upon request - however I will NOT copy plots.  This is against server rules.

I have the ability to give many things, including some customized items.  I will not do this upon request, so don't ask.  I may give everyone things from time to time, but only to those who are on the server when I give the item.  If you were not on, then don't ask for the item.  Someone may be selling it later, you can buy it from them.

I can remove items deemed to be breaking the rules.  This includes parts of builds, individual items, signs, or your entire plot.  If I remove your plot for breaking rules, you will most certainly know, as this will be accompanied by a ban.  The others, I may or may not talk with you about.  If you don't want to be in trouble for it, then don't do it.  If it's on your plot and there's no logblock log, I will assume it was you who made it, and ban you.  So clean up any rule breaking things on your plot.

My primary role on the server is to maintain a community of happy little cubs and cubettes. This community includes the server, the plots and builds, the chat, and individually - You. You make up Minecats, and I am here to help make your time the best it can possibly be!

How I do this might make some uneasy, however I find the ones who are uncomfortable with what I am doing are either guilty of breaking the rules, not reporting violations of the rules, or have not enforced the rules themselves.  What was done in the past is in the past.  Today is a new day, and today we will make Minecats better! I hope you choose to come along for that ride and help me!

~AeSix :-)

Comments

• Great post!

Welcome to the team AeSix.

Happy-Kitten.jpg

• Great Post! Thank you for posting this, now people who are confused can look at this, and understand more about you and your work image/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

• Wonderful post! Thank you for posting it, Now everyone can get to know and understand you better.  image/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

• edited December 2015

3BR9JfSiZOp6E.gif

• edited December 2015

o

If you ask me, this is the real quality post 10/10

Sent from K.I.T.T.Y (Kitty's In The Toilet Yelling)

• Well done AeSix, very well explained.  I'm glad you posted this because it feels great to know just that tiny bit more about our staff.  Makes them feel closer and safer than the ones we know nothing about.

• not bad not bad

the wizard approves

• oh so thaaaaaat's how you become a mod. got it.

• not bad not bad

the wizard approves

Gg AeSix, you did the one thing I've been trying to do for ages in one post ;-;

• Gg AeSix, you did the one thing I've been trying to do for ages in one post ;-;

That's what happens once you join the ranks of mature, educated adulthood. image/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20">

• Too long didn't read

• edited February 2016