frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Working for CubTamer? - Here's how to do it the right way!

edited December 2015 in creative

Hey guys (: I know a lot of you are working really hard to get CubTamer on Creative and I just wanted to give you some pointers on how to help in chat without spamming it up and blocking out the already CubTamers.

I know when a lot of you ask, "How do you get CubTamer?", most respond, "Help in chat" but that doesn't really give you much to follow.  So, how do you help in chat and allow the staff members to see you are working, without spam-helping or drowning out the CubTamers?  See, here is what we're trying to avoid:

Player question: "How do you get a plot?"

Player 1: "Do /p auto"

Player 2: "/p auto"

Player 3: "/p auto :)"

CubTamer: "/p auto"

Player 4: "Just do /p auto!"

See what I mean?  A player asks one question and we get so many eager replies because they are trying to show that they want to be a CubTamer, too!  Basically, here is what you are supposed to do:  If a player asks a question and a CubTamer does not answer in a few minutes, then you may answer.  A CubTamer's job is to answer questions and moderate chat and welcome new players - I'm sure you know, so allow them to do their job accordingly image/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If we see you helping where help is actually needed, we will know... but if help is not needed truly because a CubTamer has taken care of it, then don't worry about it!  We would rather see you building on your plot than helping in chat every 5 seconds.

Another thing is if a player is in help and maybe they just spoke in the wrong channel, don't say anything unless they repetitively speak in that channel.  They are able to figure out what channel they want to be in by themselves, image/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" /> No need for 4 people to say, "Wc?", four different times.  We want our players to feel comfortable!  Not bombarded with, "Don't do that!"

So all in all, just allow the CubTamers to do what we hired them to do, and help if the CubTamers are not present or not answering.  Give each question a few minutes before answering and if one person answers, we do not need 5 other people answering directly afterwards.  We want to help people not spam them, right?

I definitely appreciate all the help and if you do all of these things above I assure you the outcome will be awesome!  Thank you a lot for reading this and I hope it has helped you in your working towards earning CubTamer!  I hope you all have Happy Holidays!

Comments

• Voh tryna stop the french revolution

You know it T-T, just trying to help everyone out.  Because spamming answers when people have questions and not allowing the staff members to do their job properly is not the way to get CubTamer and it frustrates those who are already staff... Just trying to make Creative a happy place!

• lol the french revolution is on a whole new lvl

• Great post Vohvin, at a certain point people repeatedly answering questions that have already been answered and attempting to moderate chat when not necessary becomes a problem. You guys should listen to this! ;P

• Great post Vohvin, at a certain point people repeatedly answering questions that have already been answered and attempting to moderate chat when not necessary becomes a problem. You guys should listen to this! ;P

Sir yes sir

• oh so thaaaaats how you become a cubtamer. got it.

• oh so thaaaaats how you become a cubtamer. got it.

Yep!  Is that just your reply to everything lately? lol

• Nice idea vohvin image/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" /> hopefully i can become one soon

• Hey guys (: I know a lot of you are working really hard to get CubTamer on Creative and I just wanted to give you some pointers on how to help in chat without spamming it up and blocking out the already CubTamers.

I know when a lot of you ask, "How do you get CubTamer?", most respond, "Help in chat" but that doesn't really give you much to follow.  So, how do you help in chat and allow the staff members to see you are working, without spam-helping or drowning out the CubTamers?  See, here is what we're trying to avoid:

Player question: "How do you get a plot?"

Player 1: "Do /p auto"

Player 2: "/p auto"

Player 3: "/p auto :)"

CubTamer: "/p auto"

Player 4: "Just do /p auto!"

See what I mean?  A player asks one question and we get so many eager replies because they are trying to show that they want to be a CubTamer, too!  Basically, here is what you are supposed to do:  If a player asks a question and a CubTamer does not answer in a few minutes, then you may answer.  A CubTamer's job is to answer questions and moderate chat and welcome new players - I'm sure you know, so allow them to do their job accordingly image/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If we see you helping where help is actually needed, we will know... but if help is not needed truly because a CubTamer has taken care of it, then don't worry about it!  We would rather see you building on your plot than helping in chat every 5 seconds.

Another thing is if a player is in help and maybe they just spoke in the wrong channel, don't say anything unless they repetitively speak in that channel.  They are able to figure out what channel they want to be in by themselves, image/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" /> No need for 4 people to say, "Wc?", four different times.  We want our players to feel comfortable!  Not bombarded with, "Don't do that!"

So all in all, just allow the CubTamers to do what we hired them to do, and help if the CubTamers are not present or not answering.  Give each question a few minutes before answering and if one person answers, we do not need 5 other people answering directly afterwards.  We want to help people not spam them, right?

I definitely appreciate all the help and if you do all of these things above I assure you the outcome will be awesome!  Thank you a lot for reading this and I hope it has helped you in your working towards earning CubTamer!  I hope you all have Happy Holidays!

Yes. Blue has just recently said to us Patriots, "Do not attack everyone with 'WC?'s right away because they might realize it themselves." Good post Voh. This should help alot.

• Hopefully if I keep trying to do this my application should be accepting nice post Voh ◕‿◕

• I will apply and become cubtamer then moderator then ban everyone and rewrite the rules on how staff record before banning ;_; 

• Aww Vohvin that was so touching, Im about to cry (Im legit serious).

• Thanks for posting this topic! Should be very helpful! image/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

• Gl Cal, definitely be able to someday. Lol.

xD lel

• I will apply and become cubtamer then moderator then ban everyone and rewrite the rules on how staff record before banning ;_; 

You got banned?

• He got banned on KitPvP before das like the very first time he ever went on kit though

Ah I thought you were talking recently image/emoticons/default_tongue.png" alt=":P" srcset="/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

• Hey Vohvin, Amazing post image/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" /> .. it helped me out alot im working SOOOO So hard to get cub tamer image/emoticons/default_blink.png" alt=":blink:" /> ... i have 1 question anyone can answer... how do i post a applicatin thingy? Thxs in advance❤️‍

• Hey Vohvin, Amazing post image/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" /> .. it helped me out alot im working SOOOO So hard to get cub tamer image/emoticons/default_blink.png" alt=":blink:" /> ... i have 1 question anyone can answer... how do i post a applicatin thingy? Thxs in advance❤️‍

Please post your application at /index.php?app=nexus&module=support&section=new" rel="">http://minecats.forumflash.com/index.php?app=nexus&module=support&section=new under the "Staff Apps" department. Thank you!

• What if no CT is on?

• What if no CT is on?

you're welcome to help if no cubtamers are on, but remember to follow what vohvin said about the wrong chat's

• Yes I know Vohvin resigned, but if she ever comes back and reads this, well let me just say this'll help me a lot! -Safeyzone :3

• To post an application look at the top right of your screen and hit Staff Apps, then fill in your application.

This discussion has been closed.

MineCats Forum

PLAY.MINECATS.COM
@ 2016 minecats.com, All rights reserved.