frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Being Unclaimed?

I'm not sure if there's been an update or something since I've been gone, but it seems that all my claims have been unclaimed. I used to play this server a long time ago (over a year ago), and all of my builds were claimed. I've come on every few months or so (as I haven't been bothered to remove the server from my server list) and it's all been fine as far as I know. If anyone could help or inform me that'd be great :)/emoticons/default_smile.png" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> 

Comments

• edited April 2016

I am not aware of any issues with land claims at all however, If you could make a /modreq in game at the site of the issue we will be better able to assist you.

• I asked cindy_k previously, and there are time-outs (expirations) of GriefPrevention claims on Survival... I don't know what the idle period is, but it's probably a couple of months or more.

I also don't know what GriefPrevention considers to be idle (one or two block breaks/places may not be enough to re-set the idle counter)

Hope this helps! :)/emoticons/default_smile.png" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20">

• Thanks everyone who commented on this; I guess I'll just reclaim my land :P/emoticons/default_tongue.png" srcset="/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" /> 

• Ive got another claim issue: Im building a town with my kids and all is going nice. My little girl stopped playing a while ago and now i noticed her lands somehow got unclaimed. To prevent any damage to her house, ive claimed her lands. Now ive claimed the lands on the surface (She's got a cave for a house) but the lands under the claim are still unclaimed. Wenn i stand in her hallway for example, i stand on an unclaimed block while the roof directly above it, is claimed by me from the surface. I dont understand, my original claims go down to the lowest level, but my claims on top of her house stop about 5 blocks deep.

Can anyone explain this?

• On 1/7/2017 at 5:08 PM, ElwoodNijmegen said:

Ive got another claim issue: Im building a town with my kids and all is going nice. My little girl stopped playing a while ago and now i noticed her lands somehow got unclaimed. To prevent any damage to her house, ive claimed her lands. Now ive claimed the lands on the surface (She's got a cave for a house) but the lands under the claim are still unclaimed. Wenn i stand in her hallway for example, i stand on an unclaimed block while the roof directly above it, is claimed by me from the surface. I dont understand, my original claims go down to the lowest level, but my claims on top of her house stop about 5 blocks deep.

Can anyone explain this?

Issue has been settled in-game. 

• claims are three dimensional. Not 2 dimensional.  You have selected a 2 dimensional plane to protect, so only blocks on that plane will be protected.

Claims expire. I believe the expiry is 60 days.  If a player does not join the server in that time, GriefPrevention will expire (remove) the claim.

There are YouTube videos which explain how to properly select three dimensional spaces to protect. Youtube some videos to find out more.

• I got an ingame tip to unclaim and reclaim the same area and this time it went all the way down to the bottemrock. Its settled that way, just a shame i cant remember who tipped me.

That a claim expires is correct, that was exactly why i wanted to claim the area, it was my daughters claim but she hadnt played for a while.

All my claims where made on the surface and go down to the rock btw, but maybe thats just good fortune.

Thnx for the help, explanation and follow-up!