frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestions.

I got a suggestion for forums. Add these topics to make your job easier. 

Player reports. You won't have to see these reports in server discussions.

New game ideas. You know, more games, more players! Or just rename the "Future servers" because the name is telling that only staff can write there, like about new games that will come out soon.

Suggestions. Yeah, this should be added a while ago. Players can submit theyr suggestions and even help the server grow. Or just rename the "Support" topic.

Bugs or exploits. For me, i would live there. As you have seen, when server was updated to 1.9 server has many bugs, so this will be helpfull.

Player builds. Players (like me) could put screenshots of theyr builds for other players to see them. This is not to brag, just for other servers to see that they aren't the only ones who can build, or just for critics to rate theyr work.

From the "Server" category remove "Support" and maybe even "Future servers" because the category name is servers, not server help or servers in future. (But you may keep the future servers.)

I hope that you will apply these suggestions and that they will help! :)/emoticons/default_smile.png" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Tagged:

Comments

• Hello, GamerGamerFTW. If a player would like to report someone I would suggest making a modreq in game and the mods should handle that, no need to make a rant about it on forums. For player builds we have a gallery, you can submit your builds there and other players will be able to see them, you can see them by clicking 'forums' and in the right corner there is a box labeled 'images'. 

• 22 minutes ago, hilbert_black said:

Hello, GamerGamerFTW. If a player would like to report someone I would suggest making a modreq in game and the mods should handle that, no need to make a rant about it on forums. For player builds we have a gallery, you can submit your builds there and other players will be able to see them, you can see them by clicking 'forums' and in the right corner there is a box labeled 'images'. 

Usually therere are no staff on, what then? And how am i going to show them the evidence?

• If there is not a staff member on, then making a modreq is the best option, modreq's are not always going to be left open so a staff will see it. If you want to show your evidence I suggest taking a screenshot and /tell the link to a mod or admin on the server, maybe even message a mod on the forums, but do not make a forum post about it.

14 minutes ago, GamerGamerFTW said:

Usually therere are no staff on, what then? And how am i going to show them the evidence?

• 5 minutes ago, hilbert_black said:

If there is not a staff member on, then making a modreq is the best option, modreq's are not always going to be left open so a staff will see it. If you want to show your evidence I suggest taking a screenshot and /tell the link to a mod or admin on the server, maybe even message a mod on the forums, but do not make a forum post about it.

But as i said, usually there is no one on, so i will have to leave the links open for like 5 hours, or just wait till someone comes on? C'mon that will take so much time.

• Staff is busy man, sorry.

22 minutes ago, GamerGamerFTW said:

But as i said, usually there is no one on, so i will have to leave the links open for like 5 hours, or just wait till someone comes on? C'mon that will take so much time.

• 3 minutes ago, hilbert_black said:

Staff is busy man, sorry.

I know, it's not theyr fault, it's our fault, we are causing the problems that make staff busy. And we only have few staff...

• 3 hours ago, GamerGamerFTW said:

I got a suggestion for forums. Add these topics to make your job easier. 

Player reports. You won't have to see these reports in server discussions.

New game ideas. You know, more games, more players! Or just rename the "Future servers" because the name is telling that only staff can write there, like about new games that will come out soon.

Suggestions. Yeah, this should be added a while ago. Players can submit theyr suggestions and even help the server grow. Or just rename the "Support" topic.

Bugs or exploits. For me, i would live there. As you have seen, when server was updated to 1.9 server has many bugs, so this will be helpfull.

Player builds. Players (like me) could put screenshots of theyr builds for other players to see them. This is not to brag, just for other servers to see that they aren't the only ones who can build, or just for critics to rate theyr work.

From the "Server" category remove "Support" and maybe even "Future servers" because the category name is servers, not server help or servers in future. (But you may keep the future servers.)

I hope that you will apply these suggestions and that they will help! :)/emoticons/default_smile.png" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20">

I'm going to categorically answer this. Please bare with me.

1) Suggestions are awesome! Please, let us have them. But also, make sure they are pertinent and have not already been addressed.

2) In-game, talk to staff is best. Failure for staff to be on, modreq it. If it's something that needs immediate attention, please /msg any staff (admin or moderators usually can work on any server) If there are still no staff on, please document what you can and make an "Other Problems" ticket as detailed in the Support forum under "How to report Other Problems" (or similarly named)  Include screenshots, date/time, names of all malicious user(s), names of any witnesses, what server (and world) it happened on, etc. (again, detailed out in the other post)

3b) Future Servers may be going away as that information should probably be put under MineCats News. I will discuss this with the owner. Good suggestion!

3a) We are currently working on several new game ideas already and do not currently have the time or resources to complete additional requests. Hopefully all will enjoy.

(additionally, Please do not request any Towny servers as Towny began to be nothing but a daily headache for staff and the owner. it may return when/if it is ever properly fixed)

4a) Suggestions are great. Having a place for people to just randomly dump suggestions is not so great. What ends up happening is everyone gets even the smallest of ideas and makes a big giant suggeestion out of it.  Please see the last part of my first answer above for more regarding that.

4b) Support forums are for support, not suggestions.  I'm not sure why this one was difficult enough for you to understand that you suggest renaming it?

5) No. Bugs and Exploits need to be reported privately to the owners or staff. This can be done with "Other Problems" reports as well. Discussing bugs and exploits openly on a game server's forum is generally cause for dismissal from both the game server and the forum. Do not do this.

6) There are two acceptable and appropriate places for this: The server-name forum (such as Creative forum for Creative builds, Underworld forums for Underworld builds) Or in the General topic forum.  In fact, if you look around, you'll see posts like this in these two areas.

7a) Support is for all of MineCats servers, including the lobbies, and thus belongs under servers. This is not mis-categorized, and it will not be moved.

7b) You already brought up "Future servers" and I have already replied to this.  At this point, bring up the same points over and over is going to do nothing but annoying who ever is reading this, including me.

8) We will take what steps the owners and admins deem appropriate for the forums, when it is an appropriate time to do so.  This includes locking this forum so that no additional flame wars can be started, and the previous one will be ended.

Additionally, hilber_black is a cub_tamer. CubTamers are staff. However, they are junior staff who do not have all the answers. The answers they do have, are usually known from experience and personal use.  You would be wise to heed a CT's advice.  Regardless of their advice, you will treat CubTamers with the same respect you would give any other staff.

This discussion has been closed.

MineCats Forum

PLAY.MINECATS.COM
@ 2016 minecats.com, All rights reserved.