frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hey There!

edited August 2016 in introductions

Alrighty! Hello there, as many of you may know (actually I'm not sure many of you may know, I log on and don't talk much). I am normally not a problematic player, I log on every now and then to go ahead and do some parkour. I have started an island a while back, but I really didn't do much on it. As the Admin, AeSix, knows I am banned. I'm sure I don't have to say much. What I did was terrible, I had been speaking in chat with a few friends, ItzSamuel_ and a close friend Lizzy (Who I always seem to forget when needing to remember her username.) and one player was asking for items from the Admin.

I had seen the chat message pop up quite frequently so I decided to pop in, because AeSix wasn't responding at the time. I decided to inform them a belief that I had, so I told them. I don't think what I told them was very vulgar or harsh, but then again, I don't remember what I said fully. Since this ban has been long past due, I thought it may have changed. I had checked in every now and again to see if it changed, but the message says "Kicked whilst connecting to Lobby#: You are banned for: staff disrespect (DO NOT UNBAN) [(which I very much enjoy looking at)] 12Jun16 ~AeSix Expires: Never" I guess that's a real cherry on top, but I haven't fully explained what happened so I'll continue.

Since the player had asked various times I stated that I believed the Admin probably wasn't allowed to give items and if I were them I definitely would not give the items to the player. The player hadn't received a warning for spamming the same message over and over and over again, so I thought the Admin was afk or something. After saying what I believed, they immediately chimed in with something along the lines of, "You don't know how I'd respond to that, maybe I'll give the player the items just to screw with you." Which immediately pissed me off, I believed I was doing something kind, so I might have said things that were a bit harsh.

Ultimately, I was banned for saying, "Nobody cares ;P" as a joke. If you'd like, you can go through the logs. I was banned on the twelfth of June, 2016. It is currently the fifteenth of August as we're speaking and I don't think I deserve a month long ban, let alone a permanent one. I think the best thing to do is start me off with another month long mute, maybe messaging permissions to staff if that is fine, but I don't really think I need a permanent ban. I apologize, most of you will believe this is inconsiderate or immature. I was quite sheepish to send this any time earlier than now.

I enjoy playing on the server and believe that if what I said was truly wrong, I deserve a permanent mute. I honestly play this server for parkour or to get away from people when I'm upset, so I may come off as rude when I do log in. I apologize for being a terrible person towards the staff. I understand that they work hard to ensure that this server is a safe and friendly environment for players of all ages.

Thanks for reading,

Emmy145.

/monthly_2016_08/2016-08-15_20.54.07.png.5fef293c88a193b07b853bf1b610b088.png" data-fileid="307" rel="external nofollow">2016-08-15_20.54.07.png/monthly_2016_08/2016-08-15_20.54.07.thumb.png.436216eeef0f741fb9e382c8a06d80fb.png" />

Tagged:

Comments

• edited August 2016

I'm not quite sure where I can appeal or if I can appeal. I apologize for coming off as rude and I promise to never do or say anything close to terrible. I'll make sure to turn my ability to chat off as soon as I log in if I truly need to or if I am allowed back on. I don't think I've ever really been banned from a server like this. This has truly been eye opening and I will make sure to be more kind towards staff because I understand how difficult it is to deal with problematic players.

• Hey there.

This is a great ban appeal, but not in the right place.

You can hover over the "support" button (or whatever you want to call it) at the top of the forums, and in the drop down, there will be a section for Ban Appeals. Please do it there instead.

If you didn't know there was a place for Ban Appeals, that's fine, but, now you know. :)/emoticons/default_smile.png" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Thanks,

-Mak

• /index.php?/profile/2889-emmy145/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="2889" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/2889-emmy145/" rel="">@Emmy145 Had you copied and pasted this post in your ban appeal, I probably would have unbanned you right away.  I just seen this now, and yes, as Mak said, it's a good appeal.

There is no need for you to disable chat, or to be afraid to chat. Sometimes I forget that not all players see what I'm doing, and I suspect that I was telling the problem user to knock it off by a means you couldn't see - either in local, or private messages, etc.  The "DO NOT UNBAN" part should not honestly have been on there.  I vaguely remember the situation, it's been over a month now, however I do recall my blood was boiling pretty badly because of that situation.  I hope you can forgive me for my mis-actions as I have forgiven you.

Please don't be afraid to be part of the community!  There's a lot of kids, but a lot of more mature players who are thirsty for real conversations!  So come on when you can and enjoy!

~AeSix

• Thank you for understanding, I know how you feel exactly. I'll make sure to log on when I can. I'm currently attempting to balance my social life, AP classes, and time. It's harder than usual to get online but I'll make sure to when I can.

Much love,

Emma (Emmy145). <3

• I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen, I am pardoned but still banned from the Skyblock/Parkour server? Sorry for being a bother.

• Put in a new ban appeal so I will see it tomorrow and be able to handle that.