frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reset of the Nether and End...

Is it safe to build in the Nether/End again, or will they be reset frequently?

Comments

• edited August 2016

there were large machines in the nether, and the end was depleted. I intended to give the server some rejuvenation with this, as both worlds have been around a very long time with many builds from users who no longer play, leaving both a world depleted of resources and abandoned stashes and builds.  

The End may be reset more periodically, but not often (once a season maybe) vs The Nether once a year or so. 

Eventually the overworld will be trimmed back to a smaller world border, and then allowed to generate new chunks.  We will put up the worldborder before trimming the world to allow players with builds outside of the border to move their stuff to the area remaining after the trim. This will allow for naturally spawning polarbears, as well as other less substantial reasons.

P. S. I can load up the old end and nether worlds, if the community as a whole requests it.

• Thanks for the explanation. 

This will give me, and others something to do at least.

• Aesix? Do you know what the old world borders were? I'm sorry for asking.

• edited August 2016

7 hours ago, Lucky said:

Aesix? Do you know what the old world borders were? I'm sorry for asking.

Nope, and I've not changed them yet.  The current worldborder is circular and wrap-around.  The plan is to trim the world past the current worldboarder, then move the world border in by 1/4 of the radius (1/8 of the diameter), and leave it like that for a while to be sure everyone can move their stuff. Afterwards, that area will be trimmed, and the worldborder put back to what it currently is to allow that whole ring to regen with new chunks. The plan is for me to build a circle around spawn at 1/4 of the radius of the current worldborder, at level 255.  Anything outside of this circle should be moved inside the circle if it is wanted.  If there is a large build that will be affected, let me know and I will look at it, if needed I can move it, or make another decision regarding it if needed. After some time (possibly upwards of a month) I will pull the worldborder in to where that halo is, trim off all of the land outside of the worldborder, then re-extend the world border to where it currently is. This will allow the outer most ring of the world to regenerate new chunks and metadata (such as polar bear spawners)

This is the best way to bring newer stuff to the server, without completely wiping the overworld, and will be fair to those who are still active. :)/emoticons/default_smile.png" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20">

p.s. Radius is the distance from center to edge. Diameter is the distance from edge to edge through the circle. Circumference is the distance from point A to point A along the entire route of the edge.  Radius - Radiate, like radiator - disperses from center.  Diameter having the root "dia" which is "through" in Greek.  Circumference - like circum-navigate, like the guy who circum-navigated the globe when he went all the way around it.  Just pointing out these mnemonics in case they're helpful :)/emoticons/default_smile.png" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20">

• edited September 2016

You too, Leif. And thank you, Aesix, for giving me that very thorough explanation of a sphere :)/emoticons/default_smile.png" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />