frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fall Harvest Building Competition!

edited October 2016 in minecats-news

1deb7790-dfa3-4def-897e-9cf6c7087973_zps

Hello my fellow Minecatians!

(This Post is Subject to Change!!! Please Keep Checking Back For Updates!)

Has anyone else noticed the change of the seasons? The slight chill in the air, the leaves that are starting to turn colors and fall from trees, and the way the sky just seems to be a bit clearer at night. That's right, Fall is upon us! When I think about Fall (or Autumn as some like to call it), I think about festivals. I think about county fairs, pigs, pies, and pumpkins. Especially the pies. It's the season for harvesting the crops of the summer. And to celebrate the change of the season, Minecats is hosting a build competition!

We want YOU. Yes, you! To build us something beautiful, something wondrous coming from your very own imagination. It's a time to bring out the very best of your MC building abilities!

But MrsSaint, what's the theme? Do we just build whatever we feel like building? Of course not! There'd be no way to judge if we just let everyone build whatever they felt like! The theme of this build competition is, you guessed it, Fall Harvest / Fall Festival!

MrsSaint, does this mean that we can't build things related to Halloween? Of course you can! Halloween is also a fun time of the year, and is most definitely a part of Fall. But let's remember that MineCats is a family friendly server, and we do have some quite young players in our ranks. So, please, keep the builds PG. (No one needs to build Cinek_ holding AeSix's head, for example.)  (Editor's note: WOW, Just wow MrsSaint! O_O)

The rules of the server still apply in this competition, so don't find yourself disqualified for not adhering to those rules. We should all know them pretty well, and if you aren't sure of something, it's never a bad idea to ask before you start building! This will save both you and the staff a lot of time, and the embarrassment of being disqualified.

This competition is open to all servers!  MineCats Gardens' Grand Opening is to host this comp! 
So be ready to join and get to building.  I am very excited to see what you all build, and hopefully I'll be able to come up with something awesome myself.

There will be prizes given out to the top 5 builds! These are also to be announced, but they could be ANYTHING!

Have fun,                                               

MrsSaint (CubTamer - Survival)

Some notes:

To participate, join MineCats Gardens server and walk through the CompWorld portal.

From the CompWorld spawn, do /p auto to be given a plot to build on  (this will NOT work from the main spawn)

Build Competition is per player - Friends can't help, and shouldn't even be able to build on your plot.

There is no worldedit.  Do not ask, do not whine.  This is a BUILDING competition, not a "who can use WorldEdit the best" comp.

After the competition, the CompWorld will be closed and your plots will be reset.  Winning builds may be saved for display elsewhere.

Prizes:

These are still to be determined, however, there will probably be ranks, titles packs, etc - Always the good stuff! :D/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" srcset="/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20">

Rules:

Build something Fall / Fall festival / Fall harvest / Halloween related.

No tools to give an unfair advantage (this included modded/hacked clients)

Keep the builds, symbols, signs and language appropriate for all ages.

Be unique and original, There's no reason to copy someone else' work!
AND HAVE FUN! :D/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" srcset="/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20">

Not following the rules can mean disqualification or ban, depending how You handle yourself.

Comments

• The plan is to have the build competition on the new Gardens server.  I am ironing out some bugs (Because bug pancakes are SUPER YUMMY!)  Once I do, the offical start fo the competition will be announced!

Also, I'm moving this to MineCats News :D/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" srcset="/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20">

• Build comp WILL be starting tomorrow, 17 October 2016,  some time after I wake up.  Again, all times are in EASTERN US TIME

This may be on the new Gardens server, if I get the plot thing to work right, or it will be on Creative if I can't.

We will have 4 weeks for the competition, so get your ideas ready! :D/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" srcset="/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20">

This discussion has been closed.

MineCats Forum

PLAY.MINECATS.COM
@ 2016 minecats.com, All rights reserved.