frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GIFs?

edited November 2016 in support

I have noticed some players like Purtz have a GIF as their profile picture. I have tried using a GIF's URL before, when I do it says.

"This file is not allowed"

I don't know why, and I need some help with it. :huh:/emoticons/default_huh.png" title=":huh:" />

Also, I tried to use a GIF in a signature, which I have seen other players do. Same message came up.

Comments

• My profile picture is a GIF and it is saved as a "GIF file" on my computer. I believe you received that error because it isn't saved as a GIF and may not be an allowed file type; the allowed ones are gif, jpeg, jpe, jpg, png. You can check the file type by hovering over the GIF/image that has been saved on your computer and looking at "file type". If it is a GIF file, then it should be working, as mine did. If it isn't, you might need to get another GIF with the correct file type, or save the GIF as the correct file. But, I am no expert with file types and etc., so I might not be correct, if I'm not then sorry :P/emoticons/default_tongue.png" srcset="/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />.

• How do you save it as a GIF file?

• 1. http://imgur.com/a/3Q60s You would right-click the image (if you found it on the internet) and click "Save Image As"

2. http://imgur.com/a/KjUQZ A window similar to that picture should show up. The bar that I circled is where you can change file type. Some photos do not have the GIF image option (I believe you can compress the image into a GIF, but that's way too beyond my knowledge) that means you cannot use them. If they do have the GIF image option, you're set.

But then there's also the issue with file size, so you have to be careful with that. 

Hope this helped (sorry if my information is a bit off)

• Thank you so much, I will try that.

This discussion has been closed.

MineCats Forum

PLAY.MINECATS.COM
@ 2016 minecats.com, All rights reserved.