frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to post a screenshot.

edited January 10 in creative

Lots of players have been getting screenshots of players harassing them or well.. anything. Staff can't really do anything unless it's screenshotted. Now then, you can't just keep the screenshots and say you have them, that doesn't help at all! So post the screenshots and PM (it means private message, emphasis on PRIVATE) on anything that you can post images on, as long as tons of people won't see it. I would recommend something like imgur, then you can delete it after. Not many people know about it, so I thought I would let you all know. Anyways, I hope that this doesn't become a further problem.  

Edit: Send the screenshots to me PM via MineCats Discord. That's where I'll most likely see them.

To access your screenshots:

Go to %appdata%

Click the file titled, ".minecraft"

Click "screenshots"

Find the screenshot you took, and you can use it. 

I hope this was helpful to you, as I feel it'll be very helpful to us staff who need screenshots!

Comments

• just click on the screenshot name after you take the screenshot. The name in the chat window will open the image, at least on Windows computers - which is what those instructions only work on anyways.

• On 1/12/2017 at 0:08 PM, AeSix said:

just click on the screenshot name after you take the screenshot. The name in the chat window will open the image, at least on Windows computers - which is what those instructions only work on anyways.

Thank you soo much Ae for specifying this in more detail. If anyone knows how to post a screenshot on other computers, please respond to this post, as just the Windows instructions aren't going to help someone with a Mac!

• Hello,

I use a wide variety of computers and I've found Mac (Apple) and Linux (Ubuntu, LinDragon, etc.) to be a little more tricky....

Here's some instructions for Mac computers:

1. Open the Spotlight Search (Click on the magnifying symbol)

2. Enter this:  ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/screenshots

3. Look through the folder for the screenshot.

4. PM it to a staff member VIA Discord or Forums PM chat.

Here's some instructions for Linux:

1. Open the search window (I don't really use Linux, so I don't know what this looks like)

2. Enter this:  ~/.minecraft/screenshots

3. Look through the folder for the screenshot.

4. PM it to a staff member VIA Discord or Forums PM Chat.

That's all for now.

-3ND3R

Source: Official Minecraft Wiki - Screenshot