frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Making it official.

edited February 11 in farewells

Even though it feels like there are no people left here who actually know me, I know there still are some that do, and maybe some that don't but will take a few moments of their time to read this. Sorry if it gets a little melodramatic.

Back in 2012, incredibly 5 years ago, I started playing Minecraft Survival Multiplayer on a server that probably no one currently here knows, but it could be regarded as a direct predecessor of Minecats. I was unhappy with my social life (a better term would be "school life", as much of a social life as one could have when 12 years old) at that time and the following few years and I never even though that this silly little game could make it so much better. Minecats MP was my happy place. I wasn't obsessed with it, but I felt happy and accepted. I finally met people that I liked and that liked me. Cheesy, I know, but that is how Minecraft became a big part of my life for a few years, which may not seem long in retrospect, but those years are quite critical in one's early life, the first years of adolescence, a period in which we are commonly sorted either into the "cool kids" or the "outcasts". Minecraft made being an outcast in real life not such a bad situation. This is why I've given this quite a lot of thought, for quite some time now.

Before I get to the usual thanks and mentions, let me actually say why I'm writing this.

For half a year now, Minecraft in general has been boring to me. I used to occasionally get bored with it before, but now it seems like I've personally depleted all it has to offer. For the past few months, I've only been coming online every now and then, staying for no more than 5 minutes. A big part of this is the fact that 99% of the people I've known have left, besides the overall drop of player numbers. But an equally big part of it is the fact that I'm simply bored with Minecraft as a game, which is why this farewell is different than some other ones in the past, that usually say something in the lines of "it's time for me to move on (meaning to another, likely more popular, server)". I WILL, THOUGH, occasionally visit, maybe stay a while and chat, maybe even build a little something, but I don't expect I'll "pull a bkauf" and come back full-time a month after this.

Now, I feel it would be appropriate to mention a few names, even though most of them are gone and will probably never read this. I'd like to thank the following people for being great co-players and friends, most of which are more recent:

-OoychaiY, the Minecraft tycoon, the gentle giant, an unexpected good friend from South Africa/Thailand, with whom I'm still in contact and I hope to stay in touch

-Jacki, the annoying little Arab-turned-friend who I'm also still in touch with on Facebook

-PuarZilla, who would find this terribly corny, but I thank him for being somewhat of a mentor of mine in certain situations

-lightfire and SleepyDesu, great staff members and friendly, welcoming players and some of my favorite Canadians

-Vidad/Cygnus, another one of my favorite Canadians, a fellow metalhead

-JellyBeanRed, yet another favorite Canadian of mine, who was always a great person to talk to

-apigwithabat, fellow history nerd and great builder

-TehSabbingSlayer, a veteran, pyromaniac and always fun to be around

-Synthet1k, also a veteran, one of the greatest mods I've ever had the pleasure of playing with

-Avenger49, the forgotten legend

-Vitalbra

-sooohigh

-JohnBPKC

-Ruby1998

-Alfy (can't remember the numbers)

-RobbyCraftMine

-CDOSBO01

and the last one I can remember at the moment...

-DemonChicken48, the first person I ever played Minecraft with

Of course, there are many, many, many more great people I've met, probably even some I value greatly but didn't remember to put on the list. These are just the players that stood out the most as friends and co-players.

I'm going to end this from a quote from no other than the real Gandalf himself:

“I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil.”

See ya around, you lovable bunch.

Comments

• edited February 11

/index.php?/profile/678-gladwrap/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="678" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/678-gladwrap/" rel="">@GladWrap, I don't know where to start. I've known you for quite a while, and I might not have known you as well as some of your older friends did, but I do know you, and I know who you are, and what an outstanding person you are. 

When you joined MineCats, I was already a part of this community's staff team, and I was very surprised on how fast you got your ranks, I was not a member of the precedent server, so I was not aware you knew Cindy and the other staff members, but I learned to trust you, and I respected you, because I realized how great of a staff member you were. As I advanced through ranks and tried out new servers, I learned to enjoy the Survival server, even more, that's when I really became friend with you and the other guys/gals. You were a great influence on me, I looked up to you. Eventually, I became a staff member on the Survival server, so I had more of a chance to chat with you.

You have done so much for this server, so much for your friends. I can not believe you are leaving, but I knew this moment would eventually come once you started drifting away from the server, and it has come. I do indeed wish you would stay, but I realize that you have to move on with your life. It was very fun knowing you, and I would love to get to know you even better. You have taught me so many things about yourself and about Minecraft.

I know you as many things, the guy with the weird signature, the almighty wizard, a great friend. I would like to wish you the best of luck with moving on, and I would like for you to know that I will always remember you, and cherish the times we had together.

I hope you keep your promise and visit us, it would mean a lot to me, I understand if you don't, but it would be very nice if you did.

PS: I wouldn't mind if you pulled a bkauf. 

Farewell my good friend,

~ Vitalbra

• 20 hours ago, Vitalbra said:

/index.php?/profile/678-gladwrap/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="678" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/678-gladwrap/" rel="">@GladWrap, I don't know where to start. I've known you for quite a while, and I might not have known you as well as some of your older friends did, but I do know you, and I know who you are, and what an outstanding person you are. 

When you joined MineCats, I was already a part of this community's staff team, and I was very surprised on how fast you got your ranks, I was not a member of the precedent server, so I was not aware you knew Cindy and the other staff members, but I learned to trust you, and I respected you, because I realized how great of a staff member you were. As I advanced through ranks and tried out new servers, I learned to enjoy the Survival server, even more, that's when I really became friend with you and the other guys/gals. You were a great influence on me, I looked up to you. Eventually, I became a staff member on the Survival server, so I had more of a chance to chat with you.

You have done so much for this server, so much for your friends. I can not believe you are leaving, but I knew this moment would eventually come once you started drifting away from the server, and it has come. I do indeed wish you would stay, but I realize that you have to move on with your life. It was very fun knowing you, and I would love to get to know you even better. You have taught me so many things about yourself and about Minecraft.

I know you as many things, the guy with the weird signature, the almighty wizard, a great friend. I would like to wish you the best of luck with moving on, and I would like for you to know that I will always remember you, and cherish the times we had together.

I hope you keep your promise and visit us, it would mean a lot to me, I understand if you don't, but it would be very nice if you did.

PS: I wouldn't mind if you pulled a bkauf. 

Farewell my good friend,

~ Vitalbra

Thank you so much Vital, this really means a great deal to me. Best of luck to you, we'll stay in touch!

• You'll always be welcomed back here, if you ever change your mind. I didn't know you too well, but I liked what I seen.  Take care!