frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is going on with this server ?

As the title says .... what is going on , so many players left , mods and admins :(
Well i had to stop to play but i check back sometimes with news and this server is pretty much dead .. best server i ever played !
Some of you might still remember me from survival where i use to play all the time ... Xadan_MC or simply Xadan
Well i will be here on forums or we can talk on facebook or other way

Comments

• Hello MineCats,

I dont want to make a new entry, the title of this thread will do nicely.
    Im playing on survival for 1-2 years now but recent "end days" event is taking the fun away.
    I like to build but also to find my own recources for building. (so, no creative for me) Since the event, i cant build anymore coz i keep shooting mobs that keep spawning around my building sites most of the time.

I know the event is ment to make things a bit more challenging and attract more ppl , but ive seen many players stop playing these last weeks. Also, new players dont stay on the server coz its simply too hard to build up a base. This cant be the goal of this event.
    There are also ppl (very friendly and active ppl) banned for asking to quit this event and then get into a discussion with staff. You cant win that, it seems. For challanges there is Underworld or even Vanilla. Survival dont need to be extra challanging, i think.

What troubles me the most is that nothing is clear on this event. Nothing is communicated or posted in the forum. I do want to know wenn this event is comming to an end, or if its ending in the first place.

Please give us some information. I myself, quit playing after 2 weeks of event. Im logging in every day, just to see if the event has ended but its getting less frequently each time.
    MineCats is a fine server but if this keeps up, i'll be quiting Minecraft. I wont go to another server, i'll never be able to build what i have build on MineCats, but i will just stop playing and look for other games.

I hope to get some information here. Greetings to all Minecats players!

• I totally agree ElwoodNijmegen. The Survival server is supposed to be a "creative" version of survival, where the challenge is getting resources, not staying alive. The fact that when you die, you go into spectator mode absolutely ruins the fun of the server. I think that the map also needs a reset, as it's been almost 4 years since the last one, and the whole server is kind of full of abandoned buildings. There also isn't enough communication with players in my opinion, as theres never a message on the website or the forums explaining what an event is.

• Thnx unionthunder, I wonder if you still play. As far as i can see, staff doesnt even bother to read these forums, im afraid were stuck with this for a while. I hope they quit the event soon bu, well have to see about that.

• Well, the world has been reset. Not only did i lose everything (which is the result of a reset, i know), i didnt even enjoy finishing the last buildings coz of the event. Im gonna think long and hard before im gonna start building again. I think the communication is very lacking here and im just not sure if im gonna spend so much time on Minecats again.

Maybe till soon, online, but in case not: Farewell!

• @unionthunder said:
    I totally agree ElwoodNijmegen. The Survival server is supposed to be a "creative" version of survival, where the challenge is getting resources, not staying alive. The fact that when you die, you go into spectator mode absolutely ruins the fun of the server. I think that the map also needs a reset, as it's been almost 4 years since the last one, and the whole server is kind of full of abandoned buildings. There also isn't enough communication with players in my opinion, as theres never a message on the website or the forums explaining what an event is.

You're absolutely wrong. That is not the point of Survival servers. Check in any dictionary for the word "survival" and it will not say " just have to collect things"
    I guess that basic misunderstanding is why you are now banned from LionsDen.