frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dota 2

If any of you happen to play Dota and wish to play or simply chat about the game with your fellow Minecats players, you can post your Steam/Dota2 information here.

For those of you unfamiliar with Dota, here is some basic info:

Dota 2 is a MOBA (Multiplayer online battle arena) game, very similar to League of Legends, in which 2 teams of 5 players battle each other in order to destroy the opposing team's main building - the "Ancient". Each player picks a unique character - hero from a pool of over 100 heroes, each with different abilities and attributes. The battle takes place on a generic MOBA map/battlefield that consists of 2 sides, 3 lanes/pathways with 2 towers each, a river in between, 2 forests/jungles, two secret shops, two side shops and two bases in the opposite corners of the map. You view the battlefield from an isometric, bird's-eye point of view and control your hero with mouse and keyboard. Every few minutes, groups of AI-controlled soldiers - "creeps" spawn on every lane and march towards the enemy base, attacking every hostile unit/building in the way. In order to destroy the enemy Ancient, you have to slowly advance through one of the lanes, level up, gain money and destroy towers with the help from your teammates and creeps. As you progress through the game, you'll learn new strategies and tricks, master your teamwork and tactics and have fun matches in the many game modes that Dota 2 has to offer.

My info:

Steam name: GladWrap

Dota 2 level: 11

Favorite heroes: Zeus, Necrophos, Wraith King

P.S. If you're wandering what Dota stands for, it's Defence of the Ancients image/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

P.P.S. If you want to give the game a try, you can contact me and I could give you some more insight and maybe even coach you through some mechanics (I'm not a pro player but I have knowledge of the game), as there is a "play with a coach" mode as well.

Tagged:
This discussion has been closed.

MineCats Forum

PLAY.MINECATS.COM
@ 2016 minecats.com, All rights reserved.