frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Microsoft + Minecraft ?!?!

Microsoft is currently working out a deal to purchase Minecraft from Mojang for $2 billion. What could this mean for Minecraft? Less blocky graphics? Only time will tell.

Comments

• edited September 2014

I'll log on to see they've got rid of the blocks, and made them circles. IT'S NOT RIGHT.

This will probably happen.

AND ALSO, if they even TOUCH the brick texture, I will run to Microsoft and shove forks in their eyes.

• Microsoft + Bungie = Halo games, the halo games were awesome, even when Studio 443 or w/e took over the reigns.

Disney has bought Marvel.The Marvel movies have been fantastic.

No need to panic. It's not like Microsoft would want to spoil their new cash cow after paying 2 billion for it

• I heard they're planning on buying Mojang, not only MC.

• Microsoft is currently working out a deal to purchase Minecraft from Mojang for $2 billion. What could this mean for Minecraft? Less blocky graphics? Only time will tell.

Well well well,speaking of that MICROSOFT always think they can own everything on the internet.

• edited September 2014

Minecraft should really just stay with mojang. I'm a huge fan of halo reach, yes it was a great game but minecraft should just stay with mojang. When the game is loading I like tracing the mojang logo with my cursor not a Microsoft logo.

EDIT: Slowly wincing as I realise I repeated myself.

• Why are you guys putting Halo with Microsoft. YES it's a game only available on xbox (and pc) but that doesn't mean Microsoft made it. The whole reason Microsoft is even purchasing Mojang/Minecraft is for Mojang's development team. Companies purchase talent not games, they need innovators and Microsoft and for some unknown reason thing fat boy Notch and his cronies are worth 2 billion dollars. It's like when Apple purchased Beats by Dre headphones. Nothing about the headphone's changed but now they work for Apple. 

• UPDATE: Microsoft confirmed it will be buying Mojang for $2.5 billion

• Oh & Notch has left Mojang.

• I don't blame notch for leaving. I would take a few.billion too and walk away a happy woman.

Microsoft won't kill their new cash cow. Not worried until I need to be

• Check out the mojang page. It's happening

• I don't blame notch for leaving. I would take a few.billion too and walk away a happy woman.

Microsoft won't kill their new cash cow. Not worried until I need to be

notch said he was leaving beforehand, due to the stress of running such a big company. he "never intended it to get this big", and this is handing it off to a company who has the management to do that.

Sent with me Pot O' Gold using L.A.M.P.S (Leprechaun Accelerated Magical Postal Service)

• Ye notch said "I'm not a real game developer or a CEO, I'm just a nerdy programmer who likes to make games"

He hasn't worked on Minecraft for a long time anyway

• edited September 2014

I don't like the idea of Microsoft taking over Minecraft. Yes, they are a big company... but why need to own more if they already have so much dosh already coming in? Mojang created Minecraft, Mojang should keep it. I liked the idea of a group of friends working together to make such a game, it would just not feel right having Minecraft being in different ownership. Mojang is what I am used to, So Mojang I wish it to say. Even if Microsoft own Minecraft now, doesn't mean we'll all play merrily.

• 2.5 bil. That's how much it went for, so what about minecon? Can we keep that? It's London in 2015

• You guys don't understand how this works. Microsoft bought Mojang. Mojang is runs and operates Minecraft. When a company buys another they aren't going to change things that keep it going. Mojang and Microsoft have had a long partnership prior to this anyway because minecraft was available on Microsoft devices. This whole deal just has to do with talent, and mobile gaming reach. Mojang will not change. It is now just a part of Microsoft.

• edited September 2014

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh that helps lol. Thanks puar.

• Ohhhhhhhhhhhh that helps lol. Thanks puar.

haven't heard that in a long time.

usually it's dammit puar

Sent with me Pot O' Gold using L.A.M.P.S (Leprechaun Accelerated Magical Postal Service)

•  Well well well,speaking of that MICROSOFT always think they can own everything on the internet.

Maybe Microsoft will own all world?

• Maybe Microsoft will own all world?

Thank you for such a useful contribution to this 9-month-old thread.
This discussion has been closed.

MineCats Forum

PLAY.MINECATS.COM
@ 2016 minecats.com, All rights reserved.