frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Constant Crashing

Ok, I don't know if anybody has recently noticed, but starting last night, Creative crashes ALL THE TIME. The Cubs are all flipping out, and I'm just a Patriot, so idk if they REALLY listen to me, but it's happening so often now that I'm wondering if creative has just become too popular a server and can't hold the load of people, chats messages, or if somebody created the biggest lag machine ever and should really get banned for life on there server. Just FYI. Have a nice day! image/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Comments

• Too many players? Naw. Biggest lag machine? That's possible.

• Hmm not so long ago and not in a galaxy far away (sorry I was just watching Star Wars) I remember Cindy had to close creative just cuz of some team spammers or it was crazy lag and no offence but recently I ve been doing creative and they kinda freak out if something goes wrong

Hugs in all -thecool

• Hmm not so long ago and not in a galaxy far away (sorry I was just watching Star Wars) I remember Cindy had to close creative just cuz of some team spammers or it was crazy lag and no offence but recently I ve been doing creative and they kinda freak out if something goes wrong

Hugs in all -thecool

Yeah, and that just causes more lag, and then on the chat all the cubs are like: "LAGGGGGGG" and it causes spam and even more lag. Somebody really needs to get them to calm down. xD

• Compared to survival there aren't many cubtamers, I only see kangatwo on as a ct

Yeah, and that just causes more lag, and then on the chat all the cubs are like: "LAGGGGGGG" and it causes spam and even more lag. Somebody really needs to get them to calm down. xD

They kinda get hyper over it

• There seems to be a rise in active Redstone and constant w/e which is great! However these things can generate lag. On creative it's amazing to watch the creativity in you flow but sometimes it gets a bit too much for creative to handle I guess and we start to lag. When we do get lag then people start to panic... in the chat.... and we get more lag.... and then we crash. When we do crash we (being creative CubTamers and Modd) contact Cindy/Awex/Admins via irc and try to get it fixed asap. Could Redstone be made a voter perk and w/e a donner one maybe?

• edited November 2014

There seems to be a rise in active Redstone and constant w/e which is great! However these things can generate lag. On creative it's amazing to watch the creativity in you flow but sometimes it gets a bit too much for creative to handle I guess and we start to lag. When we do get lag then people start to panic... in the chat.... and we get more lag.... and then we crash. When we do crash we (being creative CubTamers and Modd) contact Cindy/Awex/Admins via irc and try to get it fixed asap. Could Redstone be made a voter perk and w/e a donner one maybe?

that redstone thing for voter and donor... Erm it may make some players rage more but I do see what you mean about the lag

It just crashed for a little while not so long ago btw

• Some of the cubs say its because we are soon getting 1.8 blocks, but I do not honestly know. I am writing this seconds after creative crashed again. The crashing wouldn't be AS bad if the cubs would calm down and it didn't take so long for it to repair. Since the waves of crashing, I've tried to refrain from doing ANYTHING that could cause even a little lag. But since I don't know why we keep crashing it might not even have to do with the lag.  I don't think we should restrict redstone from cubs though, they already are mad enough about beacons and lava. But speaking of beacons there is a plot with a lot beacons not far from my plots... But I do agree we need to do something to stop it from crashing.

• edited November 2014

you cant make a rainbow without a little rain.

• edited November 2014

If Redstone circuits is the problem ...

(I don't know how the permissions are given at this time)

Perhaps a Plugin that restricts Redstone activity, a sort of master on / off switch for each plot, This will activate the Redstone when requested and then turns off after a period of time.

This way Redstone circuits will only be active when required.

PS I am not a noob

• edited November 2014

A) what's this got to do with creative being down(I'm not following you)

and B that isnt a rainbow

Sent with me Pot O' Gold using L.A.M.P.S (Leprechaun Accelerated Magical Postal Service)

• OH OH I think I got a reason why IT won't lag!

I may be wrong but only things like clocks and smelting etc are active when you are near them

BUT there are something's called spawn chunks (I think you know what I mean)(but spawn chunks maybe everywhere in creative) (idk)(hehe lots of brackets) but only when your are away from them they won't work or do whatever they should do but spawn chunks activitly load all the time (not sure even offline)

I think I'm correct

• A) what's this got to do with creative being down(I'm not following you)

and B that isnt a rainbow

Sent with me Pot O' Gold using L.A.M.P.S (Leprechaun Accelerated Magical Postal Service)

A) Thecoolguy29 stated that some wouldn't be happy if it were to be that w/e and Redstone was made so it was just voter and donner perks, what I'm saying is that you can please a majority and not a few but they'll get over it or the other way around

image/emoticons/default_cool.png" alt="B)" /> Richard of York gave battle in vain = red orange yellow green blue indigo violet, that's how I usually do it

C) I don't understand what the stuff in brackets means...

• Richard of York gave battle in vain = red orange yellow green blue indigo violet, that's how I usually do it

idk about you but i see red grey yellow orange grey indigo grey

• idk about you but i see red grey yellow orange grey indigo grey

In a rainbow or in my post?

• In a rainbow or in my post?

Your post
  • edited November 2014

OH OH I think I got a reason why IT won't lag!

I may be wrong but only things like clocks and smelting etc are active when you are near them

BUT there are something's called spawn chunks (I think you know what I mean)(but spawn chunks maybe everywhere in creative) (idk)(hehe lots of brackets) but only when your are away from them they won't work or do whatever they should do but spawn chunks activitly load all the time (not sure even offline)

I think I'm correct

This is what I am talking about when I mention the Redstone activity restriction.

Think of minecraft as a giant spotlight that follows each player around in a world. the spotlight is lighting up chunks of land around a player.

If any player is near enough the activity in the area is loaded, for something like a 10 chunk radius around each player.

Chunks are segments of the Minecraft worlds. They are 16 blocks wide, 16 blocks long, and 256 blocks deep.

So if I stand at the centre of a 64 block plot, I am standing in a 2 chunk radius plot, and I am activating the plots that surround me on all sides. A total of around 24 plots get activated, not just the one I am standing in.

If Redstone circuits is the problem ...

(I don't know how the permissions are given at this time)

Perhaps a Plugin that restricts Redstone activity, a sort of master on / off switch for each plot, This will activate the Redstone when requested and then turns off after a period of time.

This way Redstone circuits will only be active when required.

PS I am not a noob

• Your post

For me it shows red orange yellow green blue indigo violet...

• There seems to be a rise in active Redstone and constant w/e which is great! However these things can generate lag. On creative it's amazing to watch the creativity in you flow but sometimes it gets a bit too much for creative to handle I guess and we start to lag. When we do get lag then people start to panic... in the chat.... and we get more lag.... and then we crash. When we do crash we (being creative CubTamers and Modd) contact Cindy/Awex/Admins via irc and try to get it fixed asap. Could Redstone be made a voter perk and w/e a donner one maybe?

Yeah, there's a plot behind one of mine that is literally half take up by a redstone roller coaster, which they never seem to turn off. 

• Ok, I don't know if anybody has recently noticed, but starting last night, Creative crashes ALL THE TIME. The Cubs are all flipping out, and I'm just a Patriot, so idk if they REALLY listen to me, but it's happening so often now that I'm wondering if creative has just become too popular a server and can't hold the load of people, chats messages, or if somebody created the biggest lag machine ever and should really get banned for life on there server. Just FYI. Have a nice day! image/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20">

As it is possible to get full,it's also possible that World edit +Players+Chat+People clearing plots+ A lot of plugins its possible just to get the server blown up and crashed,when that happends,we have to contact an Owner,they'll listen to you and help you.

• Yeah, there's a plot behind one of mine that is literally half take up by a redstone roller coaster, which they never seem to turn off. 

I know this is a bit late to reply, but that's my roller coaster, BACK OFF IT TOOK MONTHS.

• Ok, I don't know if anybody has recently noticed, but starting last night, Creative crashes ALL THE TIME. The Cubs are all flipping out, and I'm just a Patriot, so idk if they REALLY listen to me, but it's happening so often now that I'm wondering if creative has just become too popular a server and can't hold the load of people, chats messages, or if somebody created the biggest lag machine ever and should really get banned for life on there server. Just FYI. Have a nice day! image/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ok, Cindy added in some new adjustments and worldedit plugins to fix it, Now it's working fine
  • I know this is a bit late to reply, but that's my roller coaster, BACK OFF IT TOOK MONTHS.

Lol, and it continues to grow! I’m not accusing you of causing lag, I was just mentioning it as a possibility for what was causing the lag. I wasn’t pointing fingers at you. XD

Ok, Cindy added in some new adjustments and worldedit plugins to fix it, Now it's working fine

Yeah, XD I noticed. However, thanks for letting me know! ^.^

• + visit my skin comp ad spam post.  all the ads for shops and comps and rps are really spamming the chat!  They cause lag and stuff.

• + visit my skin comp ad spam post. all the ads for shops and comps and rps are really spamming the chat! They cause lag and stuff.

we are trying to fix that, plus we have enough complains and the plugin SHOULD keep it from not lagging.
  • I like bred

• edited January 2015

"Bred"

Heh.

• Nyan don't make posts like that we don't want "chat posts"

Sent from K.I.T.T.Y (Kitty's In The Toilet Yelling)

This discussion has been closed.

MineCats Forum

PLAY.MINECATS.COM
@ 2016 minecats.com, All rights reserved.