MineCats t-shirts are now available through our BuyCraft store!
http://minecats.buycraft.net (look in the Lobby section)

What is happening?

So yesterday I tried to get my head about 30 mins after I updated my skin to the new ALEX format. Well, it was a total fail! It just came out as my old head! Then I tried again this morning and it worked. What is happening? Does the Heads Plugin usually take 12 hours to update?

Many Thanks!

Comments

• edited May 2015

Im 80% sure that the Head plugin correlates directly with the Mojang Skin registry/server/list/thingy, and yes, this can take up to 32 hrs to update. 

If you are still having problems tomorrow, Im sure a majority of our mods and admins would be able to help you in-game. 

• It should update in 24 hrs. or less. This happened to me. Just go on another plot that doesn't have your old head on it and do /buyhead (username). If either of those don't work, try contacting Mojang or Minecats staff.

• FIXED! I had to update OptiFine to 1.8.4 So...ya. And i also noticed that MineCats Creative had a small crash? I can tell because 2 of my friends heads were missing...

• Creative does tend to crash every once in a while, but yes,  some of your previous work will be deleted.

• Creative does tend to crash every once in a while, but yes,  some of your previous work will be deleted.

Usually its not anything huge or anything thats a block- the most common items to go missing or to "pop off" after a crash or restart are heads and item frames. This is something that happens on most all servers if/when they crash- along with Vanilla Minecraft- simply because Item Frames and Heads are decently buggy when compared to blocks.