frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clearing land... Building a town!

edited July 2015 in survival

Hey people! Im clearing land and Im starting a town.

Any tips for clearing land in a desert and building quick but nice houses?

Please reply as soon as possible and maybe even reply with a photo of a small, medium, or large house that you think might be a good design.

Thank you!

(Please answer the poll as well!) image/emoticons/default_tongue.png" alt=":P" srcset="/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Tagged:

Comments

• if you're building a desert town, I would suggest using quartz with stained clay, with a mix of sandstone. Keep it more mellow colors like brown and orange.

If you're making a desert village, I would suggest you keep the buildings all 1 style to add to the feel of the build. 

Those are my suggestions, goodluck on the build image/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

•  
    with a mix of sandstone.

ewww sandstone

• ewww sandstone

It's nice for medieval (or older) middle-eastern towns and stuff. Also Jelly has a really nice mediterannean-ish house with sandstone as its base material on sirvival.

#SandstoneRights2015

• Okay thanks. I like the sandstone for base idea. Thanks GladWarp. Also, should I or should I not provide anything when people are buying the house? If so, what will that be? Should it be included in the price of the house or should it be a choice of just paying extra money? Also, tell me prices of houses? For example:

I think a 7 by 10 house should cost 150.

Or for another example:

I think a 6 by 9 house with a farm should cost 235.

• That's not really what I think the houses should cost, I said random prices and dimensions to give an example of how you should say it. XD. Because if you say a small house should cost 432, I could always think that a small house is 4 by 8 when actually it is 17 by 20. Thanks.

• If you are removing some mountains of sand I suggest getting torches, break a piece of sand under the mountain and quickly place a torch. It will remove all sand above that one torch image/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sent from K.I.T.T.Y (Kitty's In The Toilet Yelling)

• ewww sandstone

it's better than granite

• Thanks so much kittycatsilove! Im going to try that!

• I remember helping clear that huge space out for you. I hope you keep it to same style.

• I'd recommend using a combination of sandstone, hardened clay/colored clay, and granite for desert builds.