MineCats t-shirts are now available through our BuyCraft store!
http://minecats.buycraft.net (look in the Lobby section)

Clearing land... Building a town!

edited July 2015 in survival

Hey people! Im clearing land and Im starting a town.

Any tips for clearing land in a desert and building quick but nice houses?

Please reply as soon as possible and maybe even reply with a photo of a small, medium, or large house that you think might be a good design.

Thank you!

(Please answer the poll as well!) image/emoticons/default_tongue.png" alt=":P" srcset="/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Tagged:
Tagged:

Comments

• if you're building a desert town, I would suggest using quartz with stained clay, with a mix of sandstone. Keep it more mellow colors like brown and orange.

If you're making a desert village, I would suggest you keep the buildings all 1 style to add to the feel of the build. 

Those are my suggestions, goodluck on the build image/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

•  
    with a mix of sandstone.

ewww sandstone

• ewww sandstone

It's nice for medieval (or older) middle-eastern towns and stuff. Also Jelly has a really nice mediterannean-ish house with sandstone as its base material on sirvival.

#SandstoneRights2015

• Okay thanks. I like the sandstone for base idea. Thanks GladWarp. Also, should I or should I not provide anything when people are buying the house? If so, what will that be? Should it be included in the price of the house or should it be a choice of just paying extra money? Also, tell me prices of houses? For example:

I think a 7 by 10 house should cost 150.

Or for another example:

I think a 6 by 9 house with a farm should cost 235.

• That's not really what I think the houses should cost, I said random prices and dimensions to give an example of how you should say it. XD. Because if you say a small house should cost 432, I could always think that a small house is 4 by 8 when actually it is 17 by 20. Thanks.

• If you are removing some mountains of sand I suggest getting torches, break a piece of sand under the mountain and quickly place a torch. It will remove all sand above that one torch image/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sent from K.I.T.T.Y (Kitty's In The Toilet Yelling)

• ewww sandstone

it's better than granite

• Thanks so much kittycatsilove! Im going to try that!

• I remember helping clear that huge space out for you. I hope you keep it to same style.

• I'd recommend using a combination of sandstone, hardened clay/colored clay, and granite for desert builds.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler