frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Halloween Building Contest on Creative!

Hey there everyone!  Exciting news!

To bring the Halloween Spirit into Minecats, we're having a Halloween building contest!  Here's the things you'll need to know:

What are you going to buildWe'd like to see a haunted house/mansion with the interior finished!  Any other build will not be qualified.

Creative or CreativeVip? Please keep it on Creative, since not all participants are able to get on CreativeVip.

What do you do when you're finished building? Modreq at the site of your build saying "Building Contest" and they will be judged as we receive them.

Who is judging? There will be about 5 staff members judging your build image/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

When are prizes handed out? The Deadline is October 27th!  Prizes will be distributed that day.

Prizes?! First prize is $15 in Minecats store credit! (That's enough for patriot!)

Second prize is 10,000 treats on any Minecats server

Third prize is 8,000 treats on any Minecats server

And Fourth prize is 5,000 treats on any Minecats server.

You can start whenever you wish, but please do not ask about the judges or bug the staff about the competition, however, if you have any questions contact me image/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Happy Building Everyone and Good luck!

- Vohvin image/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Comments

• This is a great idea I just cant seem to sign up for it

• Might even participate, about time I upgrade to patriot on Survival

• im Also in, we Can help each other surviving there gandalf

You already have patriot so if you win you buy me patriot for 10$

You don't "sign up" you just build and then modreq it image/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Make sure it qualifies!

• D: I can't build on my plot because I built something for someone and I don't wanna change it till their birthday XD

• You could make another layer.  It is just a house so it shouldn't take up the entire layer.

• edited October 2015

You could make another layer. It is just a house so it shouldn't take up the entire layer.

Thankyou for the idea blue image/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I can finally enter a competition XD Not that I'll be good at it though o-o

Sent from K.I.T.T.Y (Kitty's In The Toilet Yelling)

• edited October 2015

does a witch's house count as a haunted house? I cant build mansions or haunted houses xP

• Any sort of haunted building is fine image/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so yes.

• image/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :(Hey guys,

Quick Question, When I do '/modreq Building Contest' (then enter) It still comes up with <description of problem> at Place, and all that So I have no Idea what to do. Am I Doing something wrong? Please Answer It took FOREVER to do my plot and it would make me really upset if I Couldn't participate image/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />. If it is a problem with everyone please fix it cause I really want to participate image/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Thankyou all for reading this I hope to hear back from someone ASAP.

~CatCrazy248

• Do /modreq Building Contest and then do /modreq accept. It should be fine image/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

• Hi there CrazyCat248, This all you have to do to enter /modreq Building Contest then do /modreq accept. That should work just do those two simple commands. image/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Oh, and you enter the contest after you are fully finished building your spooky mansion. Good luck!! :3

• that's WHAT VOH SAID 

RVaYvom.gif

Yes, yes it is what she said. 

P.S: Cool cat pic.  image/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

• Haha thanks guys i owe u all one i didn't realize i had to do /modreq accept lol im so stupid thanks again and good luck if u entered. Have A Happy Halloween!!! image/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />  ~ CatCrazy248

• Hi there CrazyCat248, This all you have to do to enter /modreq Building Contest then do /modreq accept. That should work just do those two simple commands. image/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Oh, and you enter the contest after you are fully finished building your spooky mansion. Good luck!! :3

Not to be mean but the question was already answered and I don't remember anyone giving you the position of official customer support on this forum so those "just ask me if you need any help" statuses and posts are pointless
  • I said it differently. 

• I said it differently though, But what else am I suppose to say? ^^

• I said it differently though, But what else am I suppose to say? ^^

If the question is already answered, don't say anything. Also, if you are replying directly to a specific post in a thread, quote it so yours doesn't get taken out of context.
  • Sounds thrilling ! Can't wait to start ! Thanking all the mods who put their time into judging and hosting this ! 

• What if two people work together on one house and they win? do we both get the prize or is it whomever's plot it's on?

• Not to be mean but the question was already answered and I don't remember anyone giving you the position of official customer support on this forum so those "just ask me if you need any help" statuses and posts are pointless

So we aren't allowed to be nice on a server unless we are a staff or we are "chosen" as "customer support"?

• So we aren't allowed to be nice on a server unless we are a staff or we are "chosen" as "customer support"?

You aren't allowed to post the same answer to an already answered thread. That is one of the unwritten rules of forums.

The person I was originally saying this to posted several statuses and posts saying things like "If you need any help please ask me", seemingly in a professional manner. That is the job of staff. It is ok to answer questions, but, as I said, it is not entirely ok to act as if you're our official support or something. We carefully pick staff members for a reason. This is like one of those people who are told they get staff by helping out and they start spamming help chat with "Does anyone need help?". It doesn't work like that.

• You aren't allowed to post the same answer to an already answered thread. That is one of the unwritten rules of forums.

The person I was originally saying this to posted several statuses and posts saying things like "If you need any help please ask me", seemingly in a professional manner. That is the job of staff. It is ok to answer questions, but, as I said, it is not entirely ok to act as if you're our official support or something. We carefully pick staff members for a reason. This is like one of those people who are told they get staff by helping out and they start spamming help chat with "Does anyone need help?". It doesn't work like that.

So um Customer support, how 'bout you answer Maxcraft's question instead of arguing with this guy XD

Sent from K.I.T.T.Y (Kitty's In The Toilet Yelling)

• Just realised that the first prize is enough for patriot on one server and citizen on another server  image/emoticons/default_laugh.png" alt=":lol:" /> If I "win" I'll go and buy Patriot on creative and citizen on survial image/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />