frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(Feedback + Suggestions) General Suggestions and Feedback for KitPVP

Hi!

This post will have a variety of suggestions for KitPVP. I hope you enjoy them, and give me constructive and critical feedback on them below on their feasability and possible outcomes.

KitPVP Suggestions for Plugins

Battle Arena - http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/battlearena2/

Particles - https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/particle-effects.534/

Usages of Plugins

Battle Arena - Providing dueling and arenas for KitPVP, allowing new environments and spectation of ongoing engagements.

Particles - Various monetization options, alongside a more colourful atmosphere and it adds some fun to customizing yourself and how you look on the server, such as giving yourself unique trails, etcetera.

Monetization of the server

The server has so many possibilities; examples include giving players cosmetics for a few dollars, giving them access to special arenas in Battle Arena, or giving them custom kits that are donor only but are not in any way overpowered and are tested vigorously to avoid this

Hackers and Usage of Blacklisted Modifications

We all hate them. That little person with the "MLG" cape and the glint in his eye that says he is good, but suddenly from nowhere, he snaps to you and hits a thousand times with a ten block reach. How to combat this you ask? Well, the answer is simple. Have more staff be active and allow a global staff community, and also encourage player reporting.

I just finished up reporting a player a few hours ago, and asked someone to help me get a recording for further proof; the response was astounding to me. Not in two years of playing on servers such as ****ixel and ****cast did I ever see this response; "Just wait for a Moderator, they will handle it". It was astounding. You can't expect a Moderator to just do the work for you; you need to invest time into the process. Where I usually play, I have a friend-list of more than 30 active staff and half a dozen administrators; they handle the bans and if a staff member doesn't do it accordingly, they are dealt with; players actively report, and near to every hacker is handled. Encouragement of players is crucial to keep a well maintained community that has pleasant friendly servers.

What I propose is to have a report system added on the website with username lookup; this will allow players to look up the players name. Then, from this step, an area to post proof and text about the hacker and what they are suspected to be doing. After this, a report button. You may ask, "What if people are all reporting him?", well, then their reports are added and stacked with the others. All the proof is provided, and you are physically unable to report someone without first providing proof via a YouTube link or a screenshot showing the spam or abuse given from the person, I forgot to mention that this would be for both spam and abuse alongside hacking. No proof, no dice. This will lower false reports, alongside with the fact that if you false report to some degree I would also suggest that the person be banned from using the system. It should be linked to the players forum accounts.

This would help reporting. Now then, for the global staff issue. You have dozens of staff randomly scattered; player A is a good creative staff but why wouldn't you trust him on another server? After all, he is good enough for Creative isn't he?

Global staff should be added and staff should be able too, under vote from multiple staff, ban the players. What kind of ban is it to ban someone from server A but not B? Not a good one. When a ban is given, it should be global. The staff should be able to vote on the website on who to ban, then be able to ban them through that. They should also be able to spectate and be staff across all servers on the MineCats network. I realize specialization of a staffs skills is taken into account, however it isn't logical to have a player be staff on one and not a staff member on another. It simply means they wouldn't be qualified for both, in which case they shouldn't be a staff member for either. Multiple servers need many staff and frankly I don't see a large sum of them and skills that go over multiple should be a key factor in deciding staff.

Those are all my suggestions for now. It is 2 AM and I will probably make more tomorrow. Please forgive grammatical mistakes, and provide me with critical and supportive feedback. Thanks! image/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Comments

• edited October 2015

Okay so let me put in my two cents here, you've made a lot of good points but I do have some criticisms. 

BattleArena - I don't think this should be added, I've had experience with it before and the whole idea doesn't work well. KitPVP while many like it isn't extremely popular and this would divide the people who play it. When there's not enough people on the ground PvP'ing they're all in the arenas and when someone wants to do an arena battle they're all on the ground. However, I do support the idea of some type of 1v1 command/plugin. Lots of people want to 1v1 each other to compare their skills head on, but it's hard to do out in the normal PvP area. A simple command such as /duel <player> that sends to a small arena for 1v1 could be useful... something along those lines.

Monetization - I agree that there are lots of possibilities here, but I do think that KitPVP should remain fair and not give advantages to people who purchase ranks. I do think it would be fun to give ranked players cosmetics etc. in reward for their support of the server.

Reporting - I do agree with some of your points here; I do think that reporting does need to be happen a little more rather than just "Oh, well wait for a Mod!" there are things that we players can do to assist the staff and take action to prevent these people from coming back onto the server to ruin other peoples experience. If we just "Oh well it'll get taken care of eventually." and don't report then that player could log off and say come back tomorrow and do it again. Versus a situation where a report has been made and the staff are able to take action, and we can rest assured that the player won't be coming back anytime soon to cause trouble (even if they log off, or do it in a period of time where there aren't any staff online).

• edited October 2015

more staff online +1 I believe there should be atleast 1 moderator online at all times.

• We have battle arena on kitpvp. I've been working out the issues with it.

We have a global way of communicating with all staff.

If a player is banned on one server for a modified client they are banned in the lobby so they can not access any of the servers.

• We have battle arena on kitpvp. I've been working out the issues with it.

We have a global way of communicating with all staff.

If a player is banned on one server for a modified client they are banned in the lobby so they can not access any of the servers.

I got banned 3-4 days ago, I was not banned in the other servers and I could join the lobby; if I had killaura (what I presume I was banned for), I could easily have used it on the other servers or went to harass other people; I think global banning isn't a thing yet. Also, what I meant was so that staff on survival could ban on kitpvp.

Okay so let me put in my two cents here, you've made a lot of good points but I do have some criticisms. 

BattleArena - I don't think this should be added, I've had experience with it before and the whole idea doesn't work well. KitPVP while many like it isn't extremely popular and this would divide the people who play it. When there's not enough people on the ground PvP'ing they're all in the arenas and when someone wants to do an arena battle they're all on the ground. However, I do support the idea of some type of 1v1 command/plugin. Lots of people want to 1v1 each other to compare their skills head on, but it's hard to do out in the normal PvP area. A simple command such as /duel <player> that sends to a small arena for 1v1 could be useful... something along those lines.

Monetization - I agree that there are lots of possibilities here, but I do think that KitPVP should remain fair and not give advantages to people who purchase ranks. I do think it would be fun to give ranked players cosmetics etc. in reward for their support of the server.

Reporting - I do agree with some of your points here; I do think that reporting does need to be happen a little more rather than just "Oh, well wait for a Mod!" there are things that we players can do to assist the staff and take action to prevent these people from coming back onto the server to ruin other peoples experience. If we just "Oh well it'll get taken care of eventually." and don't report then that player could log off and say come back tomorrow and do it again. Versus a situation where a report has been made and the staff are able to take action, and we can rest assured that the player won't be coming back anytime soon to cause trouble (even if they log off, or do it in a period of time where there aren't any staff online).

BattleArena is a pretty glitchy thing; lag can be caused, memory leaks, and in my past with it I had to do a large sum of tweaking for it to be viable. It could also split the community up, which I realize is actually quite bad and would lower player count in the general field. We could however use it for dueling, as it does have a duel function and this would negate the need for another dueling plugin image/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The cosmetics are probably the only thing to monetize KitPVP, alongside perhaps pets or custom donor kits that are as balanced as the normal ones. 

• edited October 2015

Staff on survival (my good self and many others) have mod on kitpvp. Throw any of us a /msg if you're ever needing a player looked at for whatever reason if we're online. I regularly get messages from two kitpvp players when a hacker shows up. They're usually dealt with within 5 minutes if that.

• more staff online +1 I believe there should be atleast 1 moderator online at all times.

Dempsey trying to promote himself to Mod

• what about Making a staff board in kitpvp spawn, that would be much better than cubs asking in every server for a kitpvp mod/admin.

we could take that into consideration. 

• edited October 2015

more staff online +1 I believe there should be atleast 1 moderator online at all times.

Sure, if you're going to pay each moderator who are all on various time zones then we can cover it 24/7. As for a staff board, sounds like a good idea to easily identify who has mod over on kit.