• Welcome to Minecats's new Forum!

Be sure to say hi to Cindy_K!

LionsDen issues

AeSix

[SysOp]
Staff member
Owner
LionsDen is an old server. It's been mostly stable for 2 years and 3 versions. Today, however, WorldEdit decided to not play nice.

A large (VERY LARGE) area was adversely affected by a failed paste attempt. The staff who pasted the item is not at fault. However, the area affected covers potentially hundreds of claims.

Our initial resolution to resolve the issue failed. This involved reverting to a 9 day old backup of LionsDen, and then re-doing all of the non-worldedit block changes over the last 9 days. This resulted in the same area being in the same condition it was previous to the repair attempts.

I ran a poll in Discord. There was an overwhelming cry to use the least impactful solution going forward:
To return to the 9 day old backup and use that.

However, I will be attempting one more repair. This will involve reverting JUST the affected area to the 9 day old backup.
This will have the least impact on players, and should resolve the situaiton in full. However, this WILL negatively affect *some* players. This will be done Monday, May 20.

Additionally, we will be resolving all issues with backups this coming week, and so that all servers are backed up properly, and reoutinely. I've been working on this solution for over a week, however have been called off of it for multiple various reasons, including some personal events in life.

aOQg1R8[1].png

EDIT: I DO NOT KNOW WHOSE CLAIMS, IF ANY ARE WITHIN THE AFFECTED AREA. IF YOU FIND YOU ARE MISSING YOUR BUILDS AFTER THE RESOLUTION ON MONDAY, PLEASE ENTER A TICKET IN-GAME AT THE LOCATION OF YOUR (NOW GONE) BUILD(s) SO DRAIOCHT_ AND I MAY USE LOGBLOCK TO RESTORE THE AREA.

UPDATE 1:
New day, better mood! I've been able to find exactly which files have been corrupted! YAY! I'll be able to replace just those files, and leave the rest of LionsDen as it is!!! HOORAH! This has taken some time, lots of math, and the threat of completely ripping Mojang a new one for their idiotic and retarded representation of the coordinate system used within Minecraft.
It looks like there is 15 region files which will be replaced. All of the damage is within a 1x15 region area, and the only claims I've found are much older than 12 days old. There are a lot of areas which are built but not claimed, however.
I will be replacing these files, and doing some testing. Once I am done, and the server is open for everyone again, I will be re-adding lionsden to /gwho, unwhitelisting it and allowing everyone on. This may take some time though. Thank you to each and everyone of you for your patience and understanding. I'm also very sorry for my attitude yesterday. Hopefully we can get things back on track and in good working order again today!

UPDATE 2:
There is a bedrock wall around the affected/recovered area. If your claim falls within this area and does not seem quite right, let me know and I will attempt to recover the area using logblock. No guarantees however!

UPDATE 3:
There seems to be some issues elsewhere outside of the cordoned off area. The bedrock wall is at 120 blocks altitude, between 512 120 0 and 8191 120 512. The area inside the wall has been recovered from our backups. Any messed up areas outside of this area may or may not be part of the initial issue. We will continue to investigate these much more minor issues as players report them.

To report your area as needing staff inspection, and hopefully to recover the area you need to do a few simple tasks:

1) Decide how big of an area is affected, such as 10 x 20 blocks (a diameter measurement)
2) Go to the CENTER of the area that is affected. Stay there.
3) issue a new ticket: /ticket world corruption issue, about 10 x 20
. 3a) Replace "10 x 20" with how big your area is.
4) Wait for staff to respond to your ticket. Make yourself available on Discord if possible.

We will work as quickly as possible, making a nuisance of yourself will only cause us to ignore your ticket.

Code:
Staff, for those who have access to use logblock, this is the only command you need to run:
/lb redo area 20 since 09.05.2019 before 19.05.2019
Replace "area 20" with the smallest size area that will cover all of the player's area. If the area is very long, please do multiple commands with a reasonably sized area parameter. for example: If the area is 200 x 20, use "area 50" and start 25 blocks in from the end and 10 in from the sides. You will have to do this 4 or 5 times, moving along the length of the area for each time (some basic math is needed here, sorry)
DO NOT CHANGE THE DATES!

Last edited:

Server Status