• Welcome to Minecats's new Forum!

Be sure to say hi to Cindy_K!

Should Minecats be turned back on?

Bis_Auf

- Admin -
Staff member
Admin
ChatMod, basically
We were asked to state 'Good' reasons why Minecats and its companions, Discord and these very forums, should be allowed to continue. I've read though some of the replies but if I were to answer myself (and I am now) I don't think I can come up with a single 'Good' reason.

I can only think of selfish, self serving reasons. I understand some of Aesix's concerns. The severs are dead most of the time. we spend our days answering the same damn question. "Where is everyone? This used to be a very active server." Its funny how the person can't see the irony in this. YOU LEFT!

I've been over this more times than I care to count but the point is always missed. Minecats is a community. We are community driven and we need active players to exist. Not to mention that it costs $$$ to keep all this going even when there is only one person playing at 12:50 pm on a Friday.

I won't claim moral superiority over anyone on this, I am just as guilty as the next person when it comes to not doing everything I can to support the Minecats community. I don't expect anyone (even Aesix) to give all their time and energy to this server but is it too much to ask for an hour a day? A week? A month?

I have selfish reasons for wanting Minecats to continue. Minecats is my escape. I need it. And it needs me. It needs you.

Aesix wants us to give him 'Good' reasons to keep the server up and running. I honestly don't think there is one. (sue me if you think you do) So all I can do is state my selfish reasons.

• Minecats is my escape. the world sucks and the people in it are horrible. I come here to be someone else and play Minecraft.
  • Minecats helps me run down the clock every day. I admit, I have nothing going on in my life. I get up around noon. I go to the garage and start my computer and open Discord. On the rare occasion my laptop doesn't catch on fire and I can play for a while. Other days I sit and stare at the screen waiting for one of the channels in Discord to indicate a new message. I sometimes get lucky and get to leave the garage for a few hours. But most days its just me running out the clock until its time to sleep.

What are your selfish reason for wanting Minecats to remain?

Server Status